Friday, May 1, 2015

The Not-Coffee-Stained Coffee Table

Welcome to our cozy home, you may notice a few items that were in last month's Pottery Barn catalog. You betcha, we're one of those families! My mom recently added something to our PB style house: a glass coffee table. In fact, this guy came in the mail just yesterday! After cutting off the unnecessary package protection stuff (all those soft plastic thingies, vague, I know), we put the levelers on the feet of the table, and slid the glass into place!

 UGH. Something about this table irks me.
(THIS IS IT! Why do we need this?)

Maybe I don't like this table because it is clear. I, a shoeless wanderer, acquire blackened feet after simple things like taking out the garbage or feeding my dog or maybe even bringing food inside fresh off the barbecue. When taking a nice pitstop on the couch, am I going to want to put my feet on the coffee table? Heck yeah! I just can't help but wonder if I will leave my dusty footprints behind.

The amount of space it takes up just before the couch annoys me because I will no longer be able to do random cartwheels or break into dances when I please. Our living room is spacious enough for me to juggle a soccer ball when I am home alone (what my mom doesn't know won't hurt her, even though juggling in the house puts our furniture at risk) and to literally run and jump onto the couch. Now, how am I supposed to tackle my brother when I have to worry that I might shatter a table?



There is one plus to this table. I discovered that if I put my cat on top of the bottom layer, beneath the top glass layer (duh), she looks ridiculously cute from all angles! If you look at her from under the bottom layer, she appears to be levitating! If you look at her from above, she looks like a cat stuck in a glass aquarium! 

Overall, this coffee table deserves a solid one out of five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment