Friday, May 15, 2015

LANA DEL BAE

I thank Pandora for exposing me to the one and only... LANA DEL REY! Years and years ago, the first song of hers that brought magic to my mind was Radio. Had it never popped up on my Pandora station, I would have never developed my love for this Coney Island Queen.

Born to Die. Paradise. Ultraviolence. These albums are just the basics! Thanks to YouTube I even know her unreleased songs as if I wrote them myself!



I am nearly peeing my pants over how excited I am to see her live in concert next week! I already know that I will wear my heart-shaped sunglasses, perhaps some blue jeans, and a white shirt or blue velvet! Although, a part of me is sad that when the concert is over, I will no longer feel like I am off to the races (I mean, I have other things to look forward to, but I will not be as ecstatic as I am now) and will be stuck with summertime sadness.

Tumblr has excited me this week, for I found footage of Miss Lizzy Grant (you're a real fan if you know her real name) singing a song that reminds me of the many times I watched Roger Rabbit growing up. This movie combines elements of cartoons and "real" people.

Now that I am older, I am realizing how Jessica Rabbit is used as a sex icon... Anyway, she sings the song "Do Right."

I heard this song many years later because my very Lana Del Bae performed it at one of her recent concerts, and I was lucky to hear her exquisite twist on the song through media gateways.



I love that I am able to somewhat keep up with her Endless Summer tour and give myself room to think of what songs she may sing when I see the young and beautiful star myself.

Oh Lana, what would I do without you?

1 comment:

  1. On the topic of a real fan. What is a real fan supposed to be?

    ReplyDelete